The celebrated classical pianist has appeared as an orchestra soloist and recitalist throughout Europe and the United States. She joins us to perform Robert Schumann's Kreisleriana and Sonata in G Minor, and Claude Debussy's Images, Book I.
Advance Tickets available through the CBSRZ office (860-526-8920). $25 each; $20 for members of CBSRZ; children under 16 no charge. Tickets will also be available at the door.
Reception following program, provided by Rustica Ristorante of Chester.
The CBSRZ Women's Club presents "Fashion on the Horizon." Get ready for a night out - full of fun, fashion, food and wine. Enjoy viewing seasonal clothes and accessories present by three distinctive boutiques: Red Pepper Gallery, Chester; Astrid Couture, Killingworth; and K-C's Contemporary Fashions, Old Saybrook. Evening includes a buffet of Tapas and wine, Raffle prizes and more.
Tickets are $25 in advance through the CBSRZ office (860-526-8920) or $30 at door. Proceeds from the event will go to New Horizons Domestic Violence Shelter, serving Middlesex County.
November 4, 2014, 8:00 am
Rabbi Goldenberg and Revered Kathy Peters will lead us as we:
• Explore our roots in the Land of Israel as Jews and Christians
• Visit religious sites of both faiths in the City of Jerusalem, and in the Galilee, including the Western Wall and the tunnels beneath, the Via Dolorosa, Christian sites around the Sea of Galilee, and the ancient Talmudic city of Tzippori
• Tour East Jerusalem and the Separation Barrier with Ir Amim, an Israeli organization that educates re: issues of Palestinian-Israeli peace and human rights
• Take the cable car up Masada and float in the Dead Sea
• Experience modern-day Israeli culture in Tel Aviv
• Learn from experts about current events and Arab-Israeli co-existence efforts
• Celebrate the Jewish Shabbat and the Christian Sabbath
• Participate in an archaeological dig
• Deepen our understanding of ourselves and each other as fellow people of faith
Estimated Costs (subject to change)Land cost: $3000 per person (includes 10 nights in double room 4‐star hotel,breakfast plus one other meal per day, tour guide and bus transportation.(Single Supplement: additional fee of $755 Triple Occupancy: discount of $150 for sharing a Triple)Flight:just under $1200 per person