September 14, 2014, 9:30 am
Author Charles Barber will read from his book "Comfortably Numb: How Psychiatry is Medicating a Nation" during a free Books & Bagels program on Sunday, September 14th at 9:30 a.m.
Over the last year, CBSRZ has presented several programs on the issue of mental health - one that deeply affects one in five American families.
This program is free and open to the public. No reservations are needed and as is mentioned in the title of the program, there will be bagels.
November 4, 2014, 8:00 am
Rabbi Goldenberg and Revered Kathy Peters will lead us as we:
• Explore our roots in the Land of Israel as Jews and Christians
• Visit religious sites of both faiths in the City of Jerusalem, and in the Galilee, including the Western Wall and the tunnels beneath, the Via Dolorosa, Christian sites around the Sea of Galilee, and the ancient Talmudic city of Tzippori
• Tour East Jerusalem and the Separation Barrier with Ir Amim, an Israeli organization that educates re: issues of Palestinian-Israeli peace and human rights
• Take the cable car up Masada and float in the Dead Sea
• Experience modern-day Israeli culture in Tel Aviv
• Learn from experts about current events and Arab-Israeli co-existence efforts
• Celebrate the Jewish Shabbat and the Christian Sabbath
• Participate in an archaeological dig
• Deepen our understanding of ourselves and each other as fellow people of faith
Estimated Costs (subject to change)Land cost: $3000 per person (includes 10 nights in double room 4‐star hotel,breakfast plus one other meal per day, tour guide and bus transportation.(Single Supplement: additional fee of $755 Triple Occupancy: discount of $150 for sharing a Triple)Flight:just under $1200 per person