Pray as if everything depends on God, but act as if everything depends upon you.
The Chesed Committee provides pastoral care and support for our congregants in times of need and in times of happiness. Our mission is to help our congregants help each other. In creating opportunities to do these mitzvot, we are building our community and fulfilling the covenant to ensure that help will be there when we need it as well. Caring for each other is a Jewish tradition. We provide volunteer opportunities, keep track of those in need and what they need, and make sure that no one gets left behind. The Caring Community Coordinator (CCC) works closely with the Rabbi and Chesed to provide additional services and support to our congregants.
CHESED members and the CCC work together to:
• Send cards, call, visit, bring food when people are sick
• Visit folks in the hospital, rehab, or nursing homes
• Help families with shiva arrangements when a loved one has passed
• Create a buddy program to match volunteers with congregants who have special needs
• Host training sessions for volunteers and congregants on a variety of topics related to providing support in difficult times
• Provide rides to the temple or other locations when necessary
• Make and deliver Shabbat bags
• Provide daytime programming such as monthly lunch programs and organize outings and special trips
• Celebrate new births and conversions
Chairperson, Chesed Committee
If you are interested in learning more about Chesed, either how to volunteer or if you are in need of assistance, please fill out the form below and someone will get back to you personally.